INTERMIX reconnects hard to reach young people with their community through community reporting, enabling them to gain creative skills and challenge negative perceptions of young people.
- Groups of between 4 & 16 participants over a period of between 6 and 12 weeks
- Accredits and improves speaking and listening skills
- Improves community cohesion and community safety
- Builds relationships and partnerships with the local area and its young people
- High quality arts showcased online at www.intermix.uk.com
- 95% completion rates and 95% accreditation pass rates
- 100% of members of the public gave positive feedback
- Package costs: Level one £500; Level two £1500
For more information about Intermix and its outcomes visit www.intermix.uk.com
"The young people were expressive and truthful. It gave me a better insight into the challenges young people face. It's amazing how much young people can achieve when given the chance"
INTERMIX uses drama and professional artists. Sessions involve teamwork, problem solving, games, discussion, presenting and debate. Increased skills including:
- Speaking, listening and communication
- Drama and the arts
Social and Therapeutic benefits:
- Increased esteem, self-worth and well-being
- Confidence and aspirations are raised
- A sense of belonging within a community
"I think the project is fantastic. It is a great building block for the young people's confidence. They are getting into a routine, meeting people and learning skills. Some of the young people are doing things they never thought they could. It takes courage. My expectations of this group have been thoroughly exceeded."
Belfast Intermix worked with 11 young people. On completion day of the project a local radio station ran a story on the projects achievements. Four young people were offered work directly in response to the INTERMIX showcase. Young people used film, drama, and photography to connect with and challenge their community.
"Before I started INTERMIX I was really nervous about meeting new people. INTERMIX helps long term self-esteem, gives us happiness and helps us for our future. Since participating in Intermix I have realised I would like to be a youth worker. I have gained self-confidence and esteem and now believe in myself."